We are committed to helping our members get through this difficult time.
We are ready to support you and discuss options to help reduce financial stress caused by the current environment.
Every situation is different, so please reach out to us.
We are here to help.
Foam Lake Credit Union COVID-19 Fund
As an integral part of the community, the Foam Lake Credit Union has provided funding through cash donations and volunteer support to many charitable groups and non-profit organizations since its inception in 1941.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this past year has had a drastic effect on everyone, including our local charitable organizations, non-profit groups & organizations – negatively affecting their ability to raise much needed capital to continue to operate.
It is with this in mind, the Foam Lake Credit Union has created a special COVID-19 fund of $50,000.00 that will be used to provide funding to eligible groups and organizations that have been adversely affected by the pandemic.
This grant assists local charitable, non-profit & ecumenical organizations within our trading area, who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic with funding to be used towards realizing the overall well-being of citizens and meeting the needs of its members. Consideration will be given for assistance to those groups and organizations promoting:
- Recreational & sport experiences and development
- Personal Well Being & Mindfulness
- Cultural and/or creative projects
- Local organizations within Foam Lake & area can apply for a maximum of $2,500.00 in funding. The amount of funding available is dependent on the number of applications received at the deadline date.
- Organizations can only submit one application.
- Evidence of financial hardship caused by the pandemic must form part of the information in the application – including both capital purchases as well as operating funds.
- All applications will be reviewed by an Adjudication Committee. Decisions will be based on a set criteria from the information supplied on the application form. Please provide as much detail as possible. Grants are made on a one-time basis with no guarantee of similar funding in the future.
- Those groups and organizations who receive funding will be asked to agree to allow Foam Lake Credit Union to use their organization name and photos for advertising.
Applications will be accepted until February 26th, 2021, with the successful applicants announced at the Foam Lake Credit Union Annual General Meeting on March 18th, 2021.
Branch Visits & Ensuring a Healthy Environment
Our office is open with full staff and regular hours (8:30 am to 4:00 pm).
While we are open, we are still concerned for the safety of our members and our staff, so there will be some restrictions in place as follows:
- No more than 10 members will be allowed in the branch at one time. Please respect social/physical distancing while in the branch.
- All people are required to sanitize their hands and wear a mask when entering the branch.
- If you are feeling ill, or have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, we respectively ask that you do not enter the building.
- We are restricting public access to the back office area to those who are doing business (no access to washrooms).
- We encourage people to continue to use remote access whenever possible – ATM, Night Deposit, website/mobile banking/remote deposit capture, telephone, etc. to limit in-branch traffic.
- To schedule an appointment for loans or wealth management, please contact our office in advance of coming in.
Thank you for your continued support, understanding and co-operation as we work through these difficult times together.
The Government of Canada is taking action through a number of programs and emergency benefits to support individuals, families and businesses during this difficult time.