Our team can assist you, reach out today!
You've got questions, we've got answers.
How do I increase my e-Transfer limits?
How do I increase security with my Online Banking?
Guard against account fraud! Foam Lake Credit Union Alerts will let you know when important changes have been made to your information in Internet Banking. These alerts add additional protection to allow you to identify and report potential fraudulent activity as soon as it happens. Please see this document for more information on setting up Alerts.
What happens if I get a suspicious email or text from Foam Lake Credit Union?
Foam Lake Credit Union will never send you an unsolicited email or message asking for any confidential information – this includes information such as your PIN, password or card numbers. If you do receive an email of this nature, please contact us.
If you think you have been a victim of fraud or have any unknown transactions on your account, please let us know.
Is my mobile phone and internet secure?
Just a reminder that it is important to install security patch updates to operating system and ancillary software such as Oracle Java, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Adobe Flash as they become available. This is another layer of protection in addition to sound security practices. An excellent site with more tips to protect home computers and mobile devices is https://www.getcybersafe.gc.ca/en/home
What do I do if I suspect my identity has been compromised?
Following is a list of actions that can be taken if you suspect that your personal information has been compromised:
- Report an Identity Compromise (SIN and DOB) Contact Human Resources Development Canada to report a compromised Social Insurance Number: 1-800-206-7218.
- Contact all financial institutions and assign a unique password to all accounts to prevent future account takeovers. Review account statements to validate recent activity.
- Contact Canada Post to inquire if any requests to redirect mail have been submitted in your name, or to report any irregularities in your mail delivery (e.g. opened envelopes, missing statements): 1-800-267-1177 or www.canadapost.ca.
- Contact credit reporting agencies to have a security memo placed on your personal credit report to prevent fraud applications from being approved in your name. Review your credit report to ensure recent credit inquiries and trades are valid:- Equifax Fraud Victim Assistance: 1-800-465-7166 - Trans Union Fraud Victim Assistance Department: 1-800-663-9980
- Report the incident to local law enforcement, obtain the incident# and officer's name and phone number for future reference.
- Report incidents resulting in fraud losses online to Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre or call 1-888-495-8501.
- Do not respond to email, letters or phone solicitations offering deals that sound too good to be true.
- Do not respond to email, letter, or phone requests for personal information such as your SIN, date of birth, PIN, or account information.
How do I open an account at Foam Lake Credit Union?
For new members, please visit our branch - no appointment required. Please bring a valid piece of government issued photo ID with you. For existing members, subsequent deposit & savings accounts can be opened online or in branch.
Questions? Comments? Please contact us by filling out the form below.
A member of our team will get back to you within two business days.